Participants in Leadership Louisiana make a one-year commitment to six two-day sessions. Regional sessions begin on Thursdays late afternoon/early evening and adjourn Saturdays at noon.
Opening and Closing Retreats are mandatory.
Participants are allowed to miss one of the remaining four sessions and graduate from the program.
Major session topics include:
- education and workforce training
- economy and strategies for growth
- history and politics
- news media
- arts and culture
- criminal justice
- healthcare and poverty
Host sites include:
- Baton Rouge
- New Orleans
- Lake Charles
Core elements of Leadership Louisiana sessions include:
- In-depth, strategic information about critical issues from leading experts
- On-site demonstrations and tours
- Leaders who are making a difference with real solutions
- Diverse geographical and cultural experiences
- Open dialogue and frank exchanges through round-table discussions
- Insight into the people, places and history that influence public policies
- Fun and casual settings, which foster new relationships and camaraderie
- Resource materials, travel guides, on-line sites, reports, local profiles and all the latest news on a variety of issues, attractions and events in Louisiana