Participation is open to all citizens of the state. Leadership Louisiana seeks outstanding individuals who:
- Have demonstrated an interest and willingness to lead
- Are civic-minded
- Possess personal and professional excellence, and
- Share some measure of responsibility and commitment to help Louisiana move forward.
Participants come from every major geographic area, and reflect the diverse mix of the state’s population. Leaders selected for the program will join the ranks of more than 1,000 alumni representing every major sector: corporate, professional, government, finance, news-media, education, industry, healthcare, legal, university, political, culture and non-profit.
The application is available on October 1st each year with a deadline in early November.
Applying for the class does not guarantee selection.
Because class size is limited and should reflect the geographic and demographic make-up of the state, selected applicants are sometimes held over to the following year or put on a waiting list.
Additional selection guidelines include:
- If two qualified spouses apply for the same class, only one can be selected for any given class
- Any individual running for a state office or legislative seat will not be selected to participate during the same year
- If two qualified individuals from the same organization, agency or company apply for the same class, only one can be selected for any given class.
Selection notices are mailed in early-mid December with tuition of $2,500 due before the Opening Session in January. Tuition may be paid in installments.
In memory of a longtime supporter of Leadership Louisiana, Mr. Gordon Pugh of Breazeale, Sachse & Wilson, scholarships are available on a limited basis.
Apply for a Scholarship (Link)